Project Manager II
Dfuse is looking for a Project Manager - Mid to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. Join our 50+ person team and help us lead IT infrastructure and modernization initiatives for our client. If you are looking for a hands-on opportunity and want to put your project management skills to use, this role may be for you.
This position is based on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing complex project management support to a federal CIO Project Management Office.
- Assembling teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure the timely completion of milestones.
- Identifying potential risks and issues, designing mitigation tactics, and implementing solutions to mitigate any anticipated problems.
- In collaboration with the support team and client(s), resolves unique systems problems, accomplishes tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints, and may serve as a technical authority for a particular task area.
- Independently performs analysis and studies, prepares reports and gives presentations, and assists in the development of strategies and plans for the successful completion of large complex projects.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5-7 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management best practices, including resource allocation, task planning and progress reporting.
- Experience in change management, process improvement, root cause analysis, organizational development, and risk management.
- Experience working for government as a consultant or similar environment.
- Experience collecting/consolidating data for routine progress reporting.
- Experience in cost management, including use of Earned Value Management (EVM), developing work breakdown structures, and developing plans using ServiceNow ITBM.
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment.
- Proficiency in using project management tools (ServiceNow ITBM, PPM, Team Foundation Server) and techniques to develop project plans for software development projects.
- Advanced proficiency in analytical, organizational, project management, interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, and self-directed.
- Ability to pass a federal agency check
- US citizenship required due to government contract
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) certification or experience.
- Industry standard Agile certifications.
- Team player with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams) and project management software.