Project Manager I
Dfuse is looking for a Project Manager - Jr to support a large, business analysis and management support services contract. Join our 50+ person team and help us lead IT infrastructure and modernization initiatives for our client. If you are looking for a hands-on opportunity and want to put your project management skills to use, this role may be for you.
This position is based on client site in Arlington, VA (remotely during COVID-19).
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing complex project management support to a federal CIO Project Management Office.
- Providing assistance with planning and obtaining commitments to complete tasks within established schedule and budget constraints.
- Conducting detail-oriented business and technical analysis to discover, refine, and document the requirements for technically-oriented projects.
- Identifying potential risks and issues, designing mitigation tactics, and implementing solutions to mitigate any anticipated problems.
- In collaboration with the support team and client(s), resolving unique systems problems, accomplishing tasks within estimated timeframes and budget constraints, and may serve as a technical authority for a particular task area.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2-3 years of IT experience; 3-5 years of project management experience.
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment.
- Proficiency in using project management tools (ServiceNow ITBM, PPM, Team Foundation Server) and techniques to develop project plans for software development projects.
- Knowledge of industry standard PMO methodologies.
- Customer- and relationship-focused, process-driven, metric-focused, results-oriented, organized, and self-directed.
- Ability to pass a federal agency check
- US citizenship required due to government contract
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Industry standard Agile certifications.
- ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management (PPM) certification or experience.
- Team player with the flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Solid computer skills with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Teams, Team Foundation Server) and project management software.