IT Project Business Analyst
Dfuse is seeking an experienced IT Project Business Analyst working directly with stakeholders and must be able to communicate effectively in-person and via phone/conferencing. The IT Project Business Analyst will support the client Program manager in identifying the scope, schedule, and requirements in order to complete projects. The ideal candidate should have the proclivity to detect overlapping functions and interdepartmental dependencies and provide both tactical and strategic thinking.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with process owners on identifying areas of improvement, conducting root cause analysis, and formulating recommendations leading to the continuous improvement and efficiency of processes.
- Administer and operate the process for collecting needs requiring IT resources, as well as assess, evaluate, and determine the appropriate disposition of these needs for the IT Investment portfolio.
- Formulate and define business process and systems scope and objectives for programs and projects through research and fact-finding activities combined with a thorough understanding of business process analysis and requirements management practices and principles.
- Approve or modify existing system design and architecture plans and documentation to ensure forward compatibility and compliance with established standards.
- Provide group facilitation, interviewing, training, and provides additional knowledge transfer to appropriate stakeholders.
- Conduct the elicitation and management of business and systems level requirements for projects and employs industry standard tools to manage requirements, CM, and modeling to support requirements management and/or business modeling activities.
- Apply portfolio management concepts including business-IT alignment, prioritization, business cases and market surveys, and project costing techniques for up to moderately complex projects.
What you’ll need:
- 4 years of IT project support experience including business process management, business analysis, as-is/to-be mapping and analysis; scoping; requirements elicitation; business modeling; requirements management; and feasibility and cost-benefit analysis.
- 3 years of general project/portfolio management experience including coordinating operations of multiple technical environments with cross functional teams, client engagement, risk & issue management, strong communication skills, formal documentation management & development, portfolio & variance reporting, project schedule control, and the ability to present briefings to executive-level stakeholders.
- US Citizenship required (required by federal government for position)
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office as it relates to producing project management deliverables, i.e., MS Project and Project Server for task management, Excel for reporting and data analysis, Word for status reporting and PowerPoint for status communication and project briefings
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in computer science, information systems or a related field; project management and/or general business management
- Ability to get the respect of the senior technical teams to lead projects, coordinate teams and handle issues and problems effectively in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand people and technologies and to know what questions to ask to guide someone through solving a problem.
- Working understanding of federal data services models and frameworks to support the project team to meet client requirements.
- Solid understanding of the commercial IT market for hardware and software.
- Experience with various current/future technologies including ServiceNow (ITSM & PPM), Appian, Salesforce, among other SaaS/PaaS services.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among team members.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.